What’s not to like about golf carts? They are cheaper and more energy efficient than cars, and they are convenient, fun, and easy to drive. But some communities do not allow golf carts, legal or otherwise, or have extremely strict rules regarding who, where, when, and from which company, a golf cart can be used.
Basically, you can drive on public streets and private streets determine these laws individually. How do you know if you’re on a private road or a public street? There’s a simple trick to knowing for sure: any road with a GREEN street sign is a county maintained road, while any road with a BLUE street sign is privately maintained.
Here is a running list of Destin – 30a area communities that do not allow golf carts or have strict rules about them:
- WaterColor – Located in Seagrove Beach, this planned beach-and-residential community exudes Southern charm and elegance. Amenities include the WaterColor Beach Club, BoatHouse, and Marina Park and Amphitheater.
- WaterSound – This coastal village boasts 3 miles of beaches in South Walton. Homeowners are automatically enrolled in the WaterSound Membership, which includes fitness center, pool, and dock access with options for upgrades for tennis court and golf course access.
- Rosemary Beach – Emphasizing neo-traditional values, Rosemary Beach is an elegant planned community that is comprised of a number of public spaces and private homes. Whether you are shopping, dining, or exploring the beach, you can do so in style.
- Alys Beach – Nestled on the Gulf Coast, this elegant community provides an excellent place to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life. The architecture has a distinct Caribbean and Latin American flair that adds to the town’s beauty.
- Seacrest Beach – If you are looking for luxury with Old-World charm, Seacrest Beach is your place. Enjoy a meal at one of the local restaurants or kick back on the white sand beach.
- Seaside – Did you know that Seaside is the location where The Truman Show was shot? A stunning example of New Urbanism, this community has top-notch restaurants and a plethora of fun activities for all ages.
- Destin Pointe – Located on Holiday Isle, Destin Pointe is an exclusive community. With amenities like a shuffleboard area, fitness facilities, and pools, there’s something for everyone.
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort – Named Number 1 Resort on Florida’s Emerald Coast, Sandestin will help you create memories that last a lifetime. Shop, dine, and play in style!
- Carillon Beach – Whether you want to stay active with water sports or kick-back and relax, Carillon Beach emphasizes the perks of beach living. There are also a number of lakes you can enjoy.
- Destiny By The Sea – Enjoy views of the emerald waters from this exclusive, gated community that features Mediterranean-style architecture. Truly relax with concierge beach services on the private stretch of beach.
- Villages of Crystal Beach – Villages of Crystal Beach provides easy access to Destin with its location near the Destin Commons. Enjoy the wonderful landscaping while taking a walk or sip a drink from the tiki bar at the community pool.
- The Villas at Emerald Dunes – The condos at The Villas at Emerald Dunes overlook the Emerald Dunes Golf Course. Amenities include two clubhouses, a media room, two pools and hot tubs, lighted tennis courts, and more.
- Mainsail – Located in Miramar Beach, Mainsail is a community made up of individually owned condos, townhomes, and cottages. Enjoy a cookout on the charcoal grill or get active on the shuffleboard, basketball, or one of the four tennis courts.
- Grand Caribbean East and West – These two condominium complexes located in Crystal Beach combine the lush vegetation of the area with Old-World charm. This quiet location is the perfect spot for couples.
This list is meant to be exhaustive. If you know of a community that doesn’t allow golf carts, please contact me today.
Street Legal Golf Cart Rentals, LLC (Mailing Only)
11275 US Highway 98 W.
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
Hours Of Operation
Monday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm